Kshar Sutra Treatment for Anal Fistula is better than Surgery for below said reasons:
- There is no complication in Ksharsutra treatment whereas complications like stool incontinence (inability to hold stool),pain, bleeding are usually seen in VAAFT/ Surgery.
- Recurrence rate of Fistula after surgery/ VAAFT is about 20% i.e. one in 5 patients undergoing fistula surgery/ VAAFT has recurrence of Fistula whereas in Ksharsutra there is predictably 0% recurrence rate.
- Fistula surgery is done under General or Spinal Anesthesia so Anesthesia related complication like backache, headache, effect on brain and difficulty in passing urine etc. whereas Ksharsutra Treatment is done under Local anesthesia which is safer than spinal and General Anesthesia and there is no complication associated with Local Anesthesia.
- No hospitalization or bed rest is required in Ksharsutra treatment but in Fistula surgery/ VAAFT hospitalization & bed rest are mandatory.
- Patient under Ksharsutra treatment can continue his normal routine activities as usual whereas in Fistula Surgery/ VAAFT routine life is severely affected.
- Kshar Sutra Treatment is more economic than VAAFT/ Fistula Surgery.
fistula-treatment.aspx or contact 011-27053357/ 9810159275